SMA Sunny Boy 3.0-US 3000W Grid Tie Inverter
The Inverter. The SB-3.0-1SP-US-40 is the rock solid 3000 watt grid-tied inverter from SMA's famous Sunny Boy line and boasts an impressive list of features and exceptional value.
Secure Power Supply. The Secure Power Supply (SPS) is a truly stand-out feature of the Sunny Boy line. While grid-tied inverters must shut down in the event of a power outage for line-worker safety, the Sunny Boy SPS provides solar power to an isolated outlet (provided the solar array has sufficient irradiance). The latest Sunny Boy line, including the SB 3.0, increased the maximum SPS power output by 500W to 2,000 W of power (again given sufficient array irradiance). Without battery storage, the SPS provides a handy source of power during a power outage!
MPPT & Integrated Disconnect. Multiple MPPT inputs with a wide voltage input range provide hundreds of potential stringing options (Contact SolarPanelStore.com if you have questions regarding string sizing or design assistance). Another great new feature is the integrated DC disconnect, simplifying installation even further.
Specs and Features:
- Nominal AC Output : 3000 W @ 208/240 V
- Rated MPP Voltage Range : 220 - 480 V
- Max Efficiency: 97.2 % @ 208 V / 97.5 % @ 240 V
- Certificates and Approvals : UL 1741, UL 1998, UL 1699B, IEEE1547, FCC Part 15 (Class A and B), CAN/CSA V22.2 107.1-1
- Secure Power Supply (SPS) provides up to 2,000 W of opportunity backup power in the event of a grid outage without battery backup required. This is provided by a dedicated outlet, is only available provided sufficient irradiance on the solar array. This is not intended for automatically powering backed up loads.
- Integrated AFCI meets arc fault requirements of NEC 2011
- Rapid Shutdown and Web Monitoring Accessories are available.
- Ten year standard warranty
- Additional information and specs can be found in the User Manual and Datasheet linked below.