SMA SB7.7-1 SP-US-41-NWF Sunny Boy 7.7kW Solar Inverter Standard with integrated DC disco, 3-MPPT, AFCI 208/240 VAC with SPS Function. Without integrated WLAN.
This 7700Watt SMA Sunny Boy Inverter is part of the newest range of residential grid-tie inverters. Operating at 208VAC single-phase or 240VAC split phase, these units were designed specifically for the US market with built-in AFCI and DC disconnects. They have a very wide DC range on their 3 MPPT inputs resulting in earlier startup, later shutdown and ultimate flexibility in array design. These inverters are also fitted with the enhanced SMA OptiTrac™ feature on all inputs mitigating shading issues on the more challenging installs. These units also have "smart-grid" features allowing it to be future proof regardless of utility requirements.
- Hundreds of stringing configurations.
- Multiple independent MPPTs.
- SMA’s proprietary OptiTrac™ Global Peak shade mitigation technology.
- Diverse application options including on- and off-grid compatibility.
- Direct access via smartphone and utilization of SMA’s Installation Assistant, which minimizes time/labor spent in the field and speeds the path to commissioning.
- Improved communication capabilities that remove the need to install additional equipment.
- Integrated DC disconnect that simplifies onsite logistics and eliminates the need to install a separate disconnect unit, speeding overall installation time.
- Enhanced AFCI technology that improves resistance against false tripping while improving sensitivity in detecting real arcs, which greatly reduces unneeded service calls and increases safety.
- The new Sunny Boy’s two-part enclosure concept that separates the connection unit from the power unit, which allows for simple, expedited servicing.
How does SMA Smart Connected work?
- Activation of SMA Smart Connected
During registration of the system in Sunny Portal, the installer simply checks a box to activate SMA Smart Connected which commences automatic inverter monitoring by SMA.
- Automatic inverter monitoring
SMA automatically monitors the inverter to identify events around-the-clock. Both installers and their customers benefit from SMA's many years of experience diagnosing sophisticated inverter technology.
After a fault has been diagnosed and analyzed, SMA informs the installer and PV system operator immediately by email. So all parties are proactively prepared for the troubleshooting process ensuring minimum downtime and reducing truck roll costs.
In the rare event that a replacement component is necessary, SMA automatically supplies a replacement component within one to three days of the fault diagnosis. The installer can then contact the PV system operator of his/her own accord and repair the inverter immediately.
Reduce your costs across all residential PV business operations Simple, Flexible Design Speed the completion of customer proposals and maximize the efficiency of your design team with the Sunny Boy-US series, which provides a new level of flexibility in system design by offering:
- Hundreds of stringing configurations
- Multiple independent MPPTs
- SMA’s proprietary OptiTrac™ Global Peak shade mitigation technology
- Diverse application options including on- and off-grid compatibility
Improved Stocking & Ordering Ensure that your back office business operations run smoothly and succinctly while mitigating potential errors. The Sunny Boy-US line can help achieve cost savings in these areas by providing:
- An integrated DC disconnect that simplifies equipment stocking and allows for a single inverter part number
- Accurate order processing by eliminating the potential errors associated with incompatible disconnects provided to your installation team
Value Driven Sales Enablement SMA wants to help drive down the cost of customer acquisition and improved margins by arming installers with an abundance of feature/benefit sales support. Close more deals with the Sunny Boy-US by utilizing:
- Secure Power Supply, now with 2,000 W of opportunity power in the event of a grid outage, as an increased value-add or upsell opportunity
- SMA’s 30 year history and status as the #1 global inverter manufacturer instills homeowners with peace of mind and the long-term security they demand from a PV investment
- An economical solution for shade mitigation and the challenges of complex roofs
- Complete grid-management capabilities, ensuring a utility-compliant solution for customers operating in any market
Streamlined Installation & Commissioning Expedite your operations in the field by taking advantage of the new Sunny Boy’s installer-friendly feature set including:
- Direct access via smartphone and utilization of SMA’s Installation Assistant, which minimizes time/labor spent in the field and speeds the path to commissioning Improved communication capabilities that remove the need to install additional equipment
- Integrated DC disconnect that simplifies onsite logistics and eliminates the need to install a separate disconnect unit, speeding overall installation time
Superior Service SMA understands the factors that contribute to lifetime PV ownership cost, that’s why the Sunny Boy-US was designed for maximum reliability and backstopped by an unmatched service offering. Benefit from:
- Enhanced AFCI technology that improves resistance against false tripping while improving sensitivity in detecting real arcs, which greatly reduces unneeded service calls and increases safety
- The new Sunny Boy’s two-part enclosure concept that separates the connection unit from the power unit, which allows for simple, expedited servicing
- The #1 Service team in the PV industry, as recognized by IMS research, with experience servicing an installed base of more than 40 GW
- What is the difference between the "-40" and "-41" Sunny Boy inverters?
The "-41" Sunny Boy inverters are SunSpec Rapid Shutdown compliant and have a built-in mounting bracket. The older and discontinued model "-40" Sunny Boy inverters are not SunSpec Rapid Shutdown compliant and the mounting bracket is a separate piece (i.e. not built-into the unit).
- Can I monitor my solar power system on my computer with the SMA Sunny Boy inverter?
Yes, you can monitor your solar power system with the SMA Sunny Boy inverter using the Sunny Portal monitoring system software.
- How can I request an SMA Grid Guard Code (GGC)?
Qualified electrical professionals can use the Online Service Center to request a Grid Guard Code.